This is the most important file in android application. It controls all the functionality in an android application.
The structure of the xml looks like below
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″ ?>
<action android:name=”android.intent.action.MAIN” />
The androidmanifest.xml is an xml file.
- The main tag starts with manifest file, in which we define the version , package
name and other information.
- In the application tag, we define the application details, (the icon of the application and other informations)
- Each application tag , consists of many activity. The activity is defined using the activity tag.
- The first activiy is defined as main, as it will be the first user interface that will open once the application starts.
- The tag <intent-filter> defines the main activity that will be displayed once the application starts.
All the permission related to the installation of android app are also defined in the androidmanifest.xml file.