This is the most important file in android application. It controls all the functionality in an android application.
The structure of the xml looks like below
<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”utf-8″ ?>
<action android:name=”android.intent.action.MAIN” />
The androidmanifest.xml is an xml file.
- The main tag starts with manifest file, in which we define the version , package
name and other information.
- In the application tag, we define the application details, (the icon of the application and other informations)
- Each application tag , consists of many activity. The activity is defined using the activity tag.
- The first activiy is defined as main, as it will be the first user interface that will open once the application starts.
- The tag <intent-filter> defines the main activity that will be displayed once the application starts.
All the permission related to the installation of android app are also defined in the androidmanifest.xml file.
481total visits,1visits today