What is Indexing?
Indexing in SEO refers to search engines keeping a record of your web pages. When working on indexing of our site, we should target all major search engines. A search engine bot visit your website and starts crawling your webpages. Based upon your page meta settings “index” “no index” it starts indexing your page. If your meta settings are “no-index” then those pages will not be indexed by google.
So how can you get your new website discovered by the Googlebot? Here are some great ways. The best part is that some of the following will help you get referral traffic to your new website too!
- Create a Sitemap – A sitemap is an XML document on your website’s server that basically lists each page on your website. It tells search engines when new pages have been added and how often to check back for changes on specific pages. For example, you might add your sitemap, this will also notify Google of your new blog and each time that your blog is updated with a new post.
- Submit to Blog Directories – TopRank has a huge list of sites you can submit your RSS feed and blog to. This will help you build even more incoming links. If you aren’t ready to do them all, at least start with as it is one of the top blog directories.
- Social bookmarking : If you wish to do so however, you can start with Google Plus, Stumble Upon, Facebook (public share), and Twitter for faster indexing of your content
- Posting on your fellow bloggers blog :prepare 5-10 quality posts and ask your fellow bloggers in your niche for permission to publish your articles on their blogs as a guest author and enjoy the resulting backlinks.
- Ping services: This is another tool , that is used to notify google about your website. you can also notify many search engine using ping service.
- Submission in blog networks: Instead, submit your blog only to selected blog networks and directories, making sure to avoid link exchange directories!
249total visits,1visits today