Register for gst
In this tutorial I have tried to explain the simple process for gst registration. gst egistration is now very simple as you can apply for it online. You don’t need anyone help to register. In order to register for gst, you simply need to go to the gst website and go for the gst registration.
The registration is a two step process.
a) In the first part, you just have to put your legal name and pan number and some other information. You also need to put your valid email address and phone number.
- Select New Registration
- In the drop-down under I am a – select Taxpayer
- Select State and District from the drop down
- Enter the Name of Business and PAN of the business
- Key in the Email Address and Mobile Number. The registered email id and mobile number will receive the OTPs.
- Click on Proceed
b) The email and phone number entered in the first step will be used to send you OTP, in order to verify.
c)Once you complete the first step, you will be provided a TRN , this TRN number will be temporary and will be used in the next step.
d) In the next step you need to fill all the information related to your business. There are few number of steps that you need to fill, once you are done with this, then your gst registration is done.
Here is the list of documents you need to keep handy while applying for GST registration-
- Constitution of the taxpayer
- Proof for the place of business
- Bank account details
- Authorization form