Node.JS 10 Features :
- NODE 10 is the latest release of Node.js
- it is packed with new features
- Node 10 was released April 24, 2018.
The important Features of Node.JS 10 are as follows :
- Errors have now been standardized
- It has consistent codes with a repeatable pattern.
- It will help to resolve the error fast.
- Previously they only contained a string message with no other identifier associated.
- If a developer wanted the program to take actions based on a specific message,
- the only option was to do a string comparison of the error content.
- N-API was experimentally introduced in Node 8
- N-API is no longer experimental
- and is maintained as part of Node.js itself
- Upgrading between Node versions will no longer cause concern for module breakage
Native Node HTTP/2 Features:
- In node 10 it has great improvements.
- HTTP/2 improves over the standard HTTP protocol
- Important Features
- Single Connection
- Server Push
- Header Compression
NODE.JS 10 Performance :
- and Node.js v10 comes equipped with the latest release.
- Therefore, we can expect Node 10 to also realize a huge benefit in this area
NODE.JS 10 Has better support for ES Modules
- Node has been using CommonJS (CJS) which is the require and module.exports syntax.
- In 2015, a new module system was introduced known as ECMAScript Modules (ESM).
- Node has been working toward its own implementation of the ESM spec.
- Integration ESM into Node has not been an entirely smooth path since it does conflict with the current system.
184total visits,1visits today